Daoust Design and Construction is a company that cares a little more
about the project and client. We feel that every project can be rooted in
sustainability, and we offer real-world solutions to assist in making spaces more
livable, comfortable and healthy.
We can integrate sustainable elements into any project... we also have a few operating procedures that we abide by:
- when possible lumber used is FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) certified
- every yard of concrete poured has a minimum 30% fly ash
- materials having pre and post consumer waste content are encouraged
- materials with low or zero VOC (volatile organic compounds) are mandatory
- we spec products that contain no added urea formaldehyde
- sustainably and fast-growing varieties of wood are preferred (bamboo, kirei board, wheatboard, etc.)
- when designing drainage systems, we encourage reabsorption and permeable paving (keeping the water on site)
- water catchment, greywater and blackwater systems are highly encouraged
- mechanical systems are designed to maximize IAQ (indoor air quality) and minimize energy use.
- pv (photovoltaics or "solar"), solar thermal and high efficacy fixtures are encouraged where possible.
- regional materials are preferred and spec'd when possible (materials deriving all of their components from within 500 miles, saving transportation energy)
- LEED certified, Greenpoint Rated, and Healthy Building Challenge projects are welcome, as they oversee and mandate these standards over the course of the project and life span of the building.
quite possibly the most important element of our sustainable practice is an integrated design approach. the individual parts of a building have to work together, much like the organs in a living body. We ensure all products and assemblies are mated for life and able to endure and perform over the lifetime of the building.
LEED AP BD+C, CGBP, CRPM
Jed Daoust is a California licensed General Contractor, founder and CEO of Daoust Design and Construction. With a background in engineering, Jed was drawn to the communal and collaborative processes inherent in the design/build profession. Having experienced firsthand the benefits and drawbacks of the “green revolution”, Jed realized the most sustainable building practices are great design and quality craftsmanship. Together they ensure a project will be functional and aesthetically pleasing for generations to come. By blending sound design and building practices with the latest technology, Jed and his all-star team are elevating the design/build process and are proud to be contributing to the enhancement of the Bay-Area community.
LEED ACCREDITED BD + C
We have the capacity to handle LEED projects from Charrette through certification. We are also available to be brought onboard for consulting or help navigating project submittals.
FULL DESIGN SUITE
We offer full design services including architectural drawings, 3d modeling, building permits, feasibility budgets, and consulting services.
United States Green Building Council Member
International Living Future Institute Member
Member of American Institute of Architects
All employees are provided inclusive health care plans as a part of their compensation package.
Employees are also given the opportunity to study and train in areas of interest specific to the individual. We realize that this diversifies the company's expertise and generates accomplishment and speciality from within our growing company.
Certified Green Building Professional (CGBP)
We are experts in building true Green. Green building is a process that begins during concept design and extends throughout the entire project.
NARI Certified Remodeling Project Manager (CRPM)
We believe that remodeling a home is one of the most sustainable ways of building. Utilizing existing structures and materials, we can often reconfigure homes to suit new needs of our clients.
California General Contractor
Insurance and Bonding
We are insured and bonded to the fullest extent with robust policies including tail coverage on our general liability policy. All workers are covered under a workers' compensation policy as per California law. For further information regarding our policies and providers, please inquire at firstname.lastname@example.org
Glasshouse is a service that provides high quality preventative maintenance for your home. We hope to keep all aspects of your home running in perfect shape through quarterly visits and a dedicated Glasshouse representative to care to all of your maintenance needs.
We are proud to offer financing for sustainable projects though the CaliforniaFIRST program. Click on the logo above to be taken to the CaliforniaFIRST website and more information.